June 21, 2014
Bringing the magic of the world to you in very special ways.
I am just getting back to this Blog which I began in 2012. A lot is happening in my world of art, and I will be sharing it in this way. Thanks for looking in.
**Website: You can find all my Fine Art, as well as the Happy Characters as wall art, on chris-morningforest.artistwebsites.com This site is one where you can purchase art in many forms as well as just look at what I am doing.
1. Licensing is what Disney does when you see Mickey on shirts, etc. Disney doesn’t print the image, just has a licensing agreement with the company that does and gets a royalty when the company uses the image.
2. I just came back from the 2014 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, NV. It was an interesting time, and I have several strong leads to agents and possible companies for the Happys and my Fine Art as well. I will keep you posted on what is happening in this new and exciting arena.
**HuckleberryHappyBooks® – Over 56,000 eBooks & paperbacks sold in the last 4 years
1. The books that Rebecca Raymond and I create, continue to sell well. They are online at Lulu.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes. They are available as eBooks (which are downloadable and inexpensive) and paperbacks as well.
2. Lulu.com is now offering a service whereby our paperback books (as well as our ebooks) are listed globally thru Lulu, Amazon, BarnesAndNoble, and IngramContent.com. Ingram is a catalog used by booksellers worldwide to order books for their stores. This is VERY EXCITING! We are now “playing with the big boys”
3. In October 2014, we will go into our 5th year of selling books as ebooks and paperbacks worldwide. We began in 1996 typing words on the computer and pasting them onto line drawing pictures that I had done. We then began selling paperbacks thru Lulu around 2000. We have come a long way.
4. Our goal – that children around the world would have access to what we began in 1996 – has become a reality. We sell in over 10 countries around the world.
5. If you are someone, or know someone who is a teacher or person involved with young children, ask them to search Chris Morningforest on any online book seller, and they will find close to 100 titles of the books that we have done. They may download them as ebooks and share them.
1. I continue to paint as well as work on the books.
2. I have art available as prints, giclees (prints on canvas), cell phone covers, mugs, T-shirts, greeting cards, and more, online at various sites.
3. The best site for reproductions:
4. Greeting cards:
GreetingCardUniverse.com and Zazzle.com
5. Miscellaneous products:
6. SOME ORIGINALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON:
(there is no “m” after the co, and just my last name after the /)
–This site is a real find. They set a price structure of $100, $250, $500, etc.
–I have to sell at least $1000 before I can go up in price from the starting prices of $100 or $250, and I only have 5 spots to start with. I got 3 extras by referring other artists who joined.
–They pay the postage to ship the piece that I prepare for shipping when someone buys a painting.
–They take 20% of the selling price. Awesome!
7. I have been accepted into a gallery show at:
Vision Gallery – 10 E. Chicago St. Chandler, AZ.
–The opening reception is Saturday, July 26th, and it runs thru August 30th. Two of my floral pieces (one of which is the first image in this email) were accepted. If you are in AZ at that time (and not melting), come to the opening reception. I’d love to see you there.
Well, that’s about it. I will send out updates when there is something new or when there is an event I will be at. This may not be a regular happening as I usually spend my “work” time painting a picture or illustrating/writing a book!
Thanks for all the support you have given me over the years and continue to give me as I grow and stretch doing what I love.
Feel free to leave a comment in the form below – always happy to hear from you.